29905560

You have helped before and thank you again . I am meeting eith my boss to

You have helped before and thank you again for that. I am meeting eith my boss tomorrow and need to affirm my request for reasonable adjustments to 1) my working arrangement. I want to ask for working at home 2 days a week, which has been based on my medical needs. I sthis reasonable to ask?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How long have you worked there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

coming up to 19 year!

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. It is indeed reasonable to ask that if it is what you actually need to help your condition. There is no limit to what you can ask from an employer in terms of reasonable adjustments and they would only really be able to refuse to do something which is clearly unreasonable. However, it would take quite a lot for something to be deemed unreasonable and in tour case, asking for 2 days of working at home is in no way an unreasonable request. You would still be able to undertake work from home and any detrimental effects to the business should be reasonably small. So yes, do not be afraid to ask them to consider this request.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Last question to clarify please so I know how to respond to my employer as this may come up- dealing with link between reasonable adjustment and performance assessment/management issue which is linked to pay. When should performance be assessed, before adjustment is implemented or after adjustment has been implemented? Performance criticism to date has been linked to time taken for medical reasons- hospital, appointments etc. They overshadow go work I do regardless of my condition and without any adjustment in place to cope better and work peacefully.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It should really be done after the reasonable adjustments have been put into place. The whole point of having these is to help you in the workplace and reduce the risk of poor performance, injury or aggravating your condition. So before the employer seriously starts looking at your performance they need to consider what, if any, reasonable adjustments can be made.
If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to thank you before finishing off with this. I had a meeting which was supposed to be review of poor performance. Your response to my question gave me confidence to make a formal request for reasonable adjustments which has now been accepted and I have been allowed to make formal application in writing now. I may come back to you on aspects of the details should I have concerns.

Many, thanks indeed. I am rating your service as excellent as it is.