29905560

I have an issue about attending a safeguarding meeting regarding

I have an issue about attending a safeguarding meeting regarding an allegation made what I would like to know is at this meeting I attend without no notification what these allegations are until the day of meeting have I got rights in just obtaining the questions then leave so I then have time to answer with no pressure on the spot! Also I have wrote to the HR department with my own concerns whilst working there and am still waiting on a reply after two weeks with no correspondence of this, how long would I give the company to respond with recognition with what I have sent them?
I have resigned from this employment due to stress of a particular employee who was intimidating and controlling a client, and so felt I no longer could stay in this company!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is this meeting treated as an investigatory one or a formal disciplinary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is an investigatory meeting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just to let you know that before I was going to finish with the company on a months notice they then suspended me a week before finishing and then I was off with stress.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
When you attend an investigatory meeting, there is no specific law which states you must be given time to prepare or that you must be given the allegations in advance and allowed to get your defence ready. This is not what an investigatory meeting I about – it is there to ask questions and collect evidence and you are not expected to defend yourself at it. As such no time to prepare is needed, apart from to be told what they are investigating.
Should the employer decide to take this to the next stage, which is a formal disciplinary, that is when you get a lot more right and will have to be told what the allegations are and be provided with any evidence. You will then have the opportunity to consider these and prepare a defence. However, this does not apply to an investigatory meeting.
In terms of the concerns you have raised, the employer is expected to deal with these without unreasonable delay. However, if you no longer work for them then legally they are not required to deal with your complaint any longer so if that is the case they cannot be forced to reply to you – these obligations only apply whilst you are working with them.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply I am still concerned that what I was advised if I don't attend this meeting my name will be discredited for future employment within the care industry and the allegation would be proven correct to the person who forwarded the complaint.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
They could include details of this in a reference which is why it is important to deal with and defend yourself as appropriate. But that does not change the fact that an investigation meeting is just a fact finding exercise - you will not be found guilty at that meeting and will get the chance to formally defend yourself should i proceed to a disciplinary.
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'