29905560

Im currently on maternity leave. I have now decided to take

Customer Question

Im currently on maternity leave. I have now decided to take 39 weeks of payed maternity leave which would take me up to march 20th 2016 but i previously gave my employer a letter saying i will be back december 1st intime for the christmas period. I have now changed my mind about going back an now i want to extend my leave untill my 39th week of ML. Am i allowed to do this now with 30days left before i was going to origionally return back to work?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How much notice exactly did you give them of the changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havnt yet i wantex to know weither now i could change my mind to extend my maternity leave as by law ibe only been pn maternity leave for 4 months. The begining of september was when i said i would come back in december
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know by law can i extend my marternity leave to 39weekks as i have only been on maternity leave 4months. Although i did tell my employeyer in september that i will be back to work on december the 1st. Can i now write to my employee saying i would like to extend my leave further when i have 4 weeks till i origionally said i would come back to work?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you​ and please be advised it will most likely be as soon as I am in the office in the morning