29905560

Can a company use occupational sick pay to stop you being payed

Customer Question

can a company use occupational sick pay to stop you being payed overtime for the hours you have worked when not on the sick
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.can you tell me how long you have been employed there please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10 yrs
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Sorry i meant to ask you how xactly are they using sick pay to stop you being paid, can you provide some more detail
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
over a 17 week period i had 9 weeks off after an operation. thay paid ops pay then i started back and i worked 55hrs a week for aweeks now thay will now pay for the overtime i have worked . 48hrs is my normal week
Does your contract state you are entitled to be paid for overtime?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes at the end of the 17 week period or on a sixth shift
Thanks I am just trying to understand their reasoning behind this. Are they trying to claim that the 17 week period has restarted because you were on sick or that parts font would not count towards the total period because you were off sick?