29905560

My name is ***** *****, I worked at a factory

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** *****, I worked at a factory for 22 years, 2 people made my job hard because they didn't like how much I was getting paid, it was more than them, because I had been a Production Line Manager, then made Assistant QC Manager where they worked. We argued and basically I was made out the bad person, so I started looking for another job because the atmosphere was making me ill, I was attending the doctor for depression. I got another job, only a temporary Christmas job, but now I learn the factory I was working at are making everyone redundant, basically I felt I was pushed out of my job and now I am losing out on my redundancy, can I do anything? Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did you leave that job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left that job on the 29th of October 2015.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The only claim you can consider is for constructive dismissal, where you were faced with no other option but to resign due to a breach of contract. A common breach by the employer occurs when it, or its employees, have broken the implied contractual term of trust and confidence. The conduct relied on could be a single act, or a series of less serious acts over a period of time, which together could be treated as serious enough (usually culminating in the 'last straw' scenario). Such a claim would not get you a redundancy payment but you would be able to pursue them for loss of earnings resulting from you being forced to give up your job. You only have 3 months to make the claim though so you need to start looking into it sooner rather than later. The good thing is that as part of the claims process you have to go through ACAS (an independent organisation) and use their early conciliation service which will help you negotiate with the employer to try and reach a financial settlement instead of going to a formal claim. This is all free and if no settlement is possible, then you will be allowed to go ahead with your claim in the employment tribunal. The conciliation procedure and the form to fill in can be found here: https://ec.acas.org.uk/Submission/SingleClaimantPage I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Ben, Regards Christine
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best