29905560

I have been sick with the flu , had to arrange another

I have been sick with the flu , had to arrange another appointment with employer. I was asked by HR if I had someone to come with me , I answered yes a friend. I was told that she could come but would not be allowed to come into the appeal room , so I
have sent them a email to say I now need time to find independent help. As I feel I need support.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have spoke to you previously about this situation .
And I have been sent another email from HR to say if I don't attnxd today they are going to go ahead with this appeal
I needed just a little bit more time to to be able to get help from someone when I asked if my friend could come she said yes but would not be able to come in the room but was told an employee could attend.
They all new at my place of work as I disgusted this with them when I was given a shift.
Now I have an appeal no one wants to get involved .
So I have asked for some time more to get help somewhere else ..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok let me go through our past correspondence and I will get back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ben how long will it take me to get a response from you , as i need to know what to do , this company is giving me trouble again demanding that i if i dont go today they will take it in to there own hands , as they have said that i have had long enough to find some one to represent me today .
I am trying so hard to find help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this meeting as for 11.30 today
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, under law you do not have the right o take a friend into the appeal hearing so the employer has not done anything wrong there. You only have the right to take in a colleague or a trade union rep – that is what the law says.
Where an employee's chosen companion is unavailable at the time proposed for the hearing by the employer, the employee has the right to suggest an alternative time which is not more than five working days later. If that time is reasonable the employer must rearrange the hearing for that time.
So this is what you can try and use to get an extension until next week. Tell them it is your right under the Employment Relations Act 1999.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'