29905560

In august i was interviewed internal job and my

Customer Question

In august i was interviewed for an internal job and my employees broke their own policies and law on disability. I put in a complaint and through repeaded chase up they have finally come back to me and i am not happy with the result the letter says i can contact more to discuse. The problem is its now just over three months from the interview and i believe that make the tribunal time over or does it go from when the employer gives you the final answer? As i assume the tribunal would want you to try and go throught the employees complaints procedure first? Which is correct from interview or final answer? if it is interview have i go the argument that they are continuing discriminating against me by the answer of the complaint?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

27 years

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry I was offline by the time you had replied earlier. There is actually some case law on this matter. In Virdi v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, the Employment Appeals Tribunal held that the time limit for a claim for race discrimination arising from a decision not to promote ran from the date of the decision itself, and not the date on which the decision was communicated to the employee. So if your initial grievance wa rejected it would be from the date the employer actually made that decision. If you were given the chance to appeal and that was rejected too, you could argue that the appeal itself was an ongoing case of discrimination and that the time should run from the date the decision is made in the appeal.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.