taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Have been seconded into ward manager post months.

Have been seconded into ward manager post for three months. After that expected to do the managers job on low pay yet someone else in the department has been seconded into a junior post and is getting the right money for it. This is not the first time
it has happened to me. I feel abuse as when the posts become permanent I am never appointed and ho back to he a junior but still operates at senior level I am of black minority. What do I do because I seem to have got myself in that situation again for the
fourth time.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since 2002
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello you need to raise a written grievance about this to state that it is in breach of the 'duty of trust and confidence' owed by employer to employee that you are not being remunerated properly. If you believe that this amounts to race discrimination you should also say so in your grievance. Your employer cannot take action against you for raising a grievance. Hopefully raising a grievance will result in your concerns being correctly addressed. If it does not then you have the option of raising a claim of race discrimination and potentially resigning and claiming constructive dismissal. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because this has been going on for while dating back to 2004 can I still include this in my grievance or is it no longer valid
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
As long as it is continuing yes. If you are now raising a grievance about a one off incident that long ago then it would be out of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. To be clear I include everything in the grievance?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Yes in chronological order if possible. All the best with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank 6 our very much .Will start working on my grievance