taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

There I've been working company weeks and was

Hi there I've been working for a company for 19 weeks and was told that I was no longer needed for the business by text .
I have a contract with the company .
They have refused to pay me my back week and holiday pay .
They have also taken 200 pound from my account for 2 sick days .
I have given them the option to pay me before I take it further but they refuse .
Can you please advise .
Mark
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Were you under a contract of employment? Did this contract allow them to make a deduction when you were off sick? Have they paid you any notice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's a basic contract see the file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus they were not paying me 750 a week only 650
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have wage slips and p45 to prove this
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok they are in breach of contract by failing to pay you notice and correct pay in accordance with your contract, in addition it amounts to an unlawful deduction from wages that you had monies taken off when you were sick. They are also in breach of the Working Time Regulations by failing to pay holiday pay. You should now engage the services of ACAS early claim conciliation www.acas.org.uk. If this does not result in you being correctly paid then you can lodge a claim at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk If you have any further questions please ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to pay for either of these ?
Also do you think I'm in the right ?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are in the right. You don't pay for ACAS but if you need to lodge a tribunal claim there is a fee which you can claim back from the employer. The fee is £160 to lodge the claim, the hearing fee is £230. As I said earlier both of these are recoverable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That website www.acas.org.uk is not working ?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
This is the website you need http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4028 Sorry for the delay. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you.
taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters