taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

We started the first phase of consultation discussions with

We started the first phase of consultation discussions with staff at one of our Branches. Due to a down turn in business we are looking to restructure the branch and reduce the headcount. We have been asked by one member of staff that if someone is on probation in another area of the company can they be let go so that the individual at risk of redundancy has the opportunity to take the other position. I have said no because the individual accepted the position in Manchester before the consultation with the Hook branch commenced. So if we have staff on probation am I correct in thinking that where ever they are in the country they are unaffected from what is happening at this particular branch.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If the normal place of work is within the branch then you are correct that there is no need to consider staff at other branches as being within the same pool of employees. If there is movement of staff within the branches then there is an argument that both branches should be in the pool. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this?