29905560

I have been with my company .5 yrs. firstly as a retail

Customer Question

Hi. I have been with my company for 7.5 yrs. firstly as a retail store manager, then was promoted in May to Area Manager. With a 6 month probation period, after which I would get a salary increase of £5k. After 3 months a new director joined the business, who was to become my line manager. She has met with me today to say that I am not performing at a high enough level for the role and wants me to go back into a store based role. When I took on the role I was promised training and development, but I have not had any. I have not even had a performance review. My understanding is that my progress should have been reviewed and that as it was not during my probationary period, it was deemed that my progress was acceptable and I had passed the probation by default. I am unsure what to do, as going back into a store would be such a public humiliation I feel my position would be untenable, but it has been made clear my boss does not want me in an area role. Can she do this?
Helen
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello did your contract stipulate that there should have been a performance review in place?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - did the contract stipulate there should have been a performance review in place!