29905560

My boss has told me on 2 occasions i will never become a Regional

My boss has told me on 2 occasions i will never become a Regional Manager because i am "shit" at my job and told me this in front of a colleague.
I have let this go over my head but yesterday I was in a Regional Meeting and my boss sat next to me and continually kept stroking my leg after me having told him to pack it in.
What should i do?
I am worried if I complain I will get sacked as my boss is highly regarded in the company.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.firstly can you tell me how long you have been employed there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since December 2012
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. Whilst you may be worried about your job stability, you will have protection under law because with more than 2 years service you are protected against unfair dismissal.This means that to fairly dismiss them their employer has to show that there was a potentially fair reason for dismissal and that a fair dismissal procedure was followed. According to Employment Rights Act 1996 there are five separate reasons that an employer could use to show that a dismissal was fair: conduct, capability, redundancy, illegality or some other substantial reason (SOSR). The employer will not only need to show that the dismissal was for one of those reasons, but also justify that it was appropriate and reasonable to use in the circumstances. In addition, they need to ensure that a unfair dismissal procedure was followed and this would depend on which of the above reasons they used. In addition what happened recently will likely amount to sexual harassed, which is a type of discrimination. Both issues can be dealt with through a grievance and eventually through a claIm for constructive dismissal and/or discrimination.This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the law on constructive dismissal and what your option there are, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you