29905560

Can a company legally enter into a reciprocal agreement with

Can a company legally enter into a reciprocal agreement with competitive companies not to recruit or even take on each others' employees?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me what field of work you were thinking of/or any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unknown - general
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. There is nothing unlawful about having such an arrangement. There is of course a moral argument but that does not make it unlawful and it cannot really be challenged legally. In reality an employer can choose who they employ and make that decision on many different grounds. As long as it is not based on discriminatory grounds, such as race, religion, age, gender etc then it is ok for the employer to apply whatever criteria they want in recruitment and if that means having an agreement where they would not recruit employees of certain companies then that is allowed. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you