29905560

I have just served one month's notice to quit my job. My contract

I have just served one month's notice to quit my job. My contract states one month's notice. I served notice on 8th December by official letter to my manager.
My manager advised that he doesn't know when my last day would be because I served notice during annual leave and also because there is Christmas to consider and has referred this to HR. I am still waiting to hear as they have not got back to me despite chasing several times this week.
I assumed that one month would be one month regardless of whether I am on leave or if there is a bank holiday (eg Christmas). So I assumed that I would leave on 8th January?
Am I correct or are the other factors an issue that they could use to delay my leave date?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.firstly can you tell me how long you have been employed there and can you tell me the nature of your work please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ben, I have been there 4.5 years and it is public sector (I do admin work in a University)

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your patience. You are entirely correct that your leaving date would be 8 January. A month’s notice is a calendar notice regardless of whether you are on annual leave it there is a shutdown period in the meantime. So you are legally entitled to leave this job on the 8th January and do not have to wait for the employer’s blessing to do that. . I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'