taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I promoted a concert and had a written contract with a

I promoted a concert and had a written contract with a specific named band through an agency, on the night the band I was under the impression I had booked did not turn up, but a replacement band did. I booked the band I did for the quality of their music
which I had seen previously, the sub contracted band were not only of a lower quality but actually operated under a totally different name, agent, address,website, number etc. They had no connection to the band paid for at all. The agents had no idea that
this was happening and are trying to mediate a settlement on my behalf, but if this is unsuccessful I need to know were I stand legally to pursue it, is it a breach of contract etc.?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Did the contract allow them to make a substitution and have you suffered a financial loss as a result of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no substitution clause, no actual financial loss but complaints from paying public
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
have those complaints resulted in or are likely to result in refunds or loss of any future profit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
refunds may be requested we are awiting the out come of the mediation
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** is no right to subsitute then they are in breach of contract and you can sue them for any losses flowing from the breach including any refunds you my have to issue or any future loss of custom if you can demonstrate it is a result of this breach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
No problem all the best with this !