29905560

How to change the address of my national insurance

Hello, how to change the address of my national insurance number?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me are you leaving the country please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i live in uk
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
your national insurance number is ***** to you it is your personal number were ever you live you do not have to notify anybody when you change your postal address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean that if I notify hmrc of change of address that's all i have to do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
your national insurance number is ***** by department of work and pensions for deduction off tax and national insurance from you work place and for benefit payments this number is ***** to you so if you do have to contact the HMRC to up date any other changes like you address your national insurance number remains the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I receive letters for paying national insurance contributions which are separate from my class 4 ni contributions. I changed my address a year ago. I havent received any letters on my new address. I am assuming I will have to notify somebody of my change of address. Do you know how to do this online?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have checked and the only place to change personal details online is:
https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PAYENICoC
Alternatively it may be best to check one of the old letters to see which department sent them and contact them directly
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you