29905560

Good morning! I am Elizer and live in Nottingham. I am an assistant

Customer Question

Good morning! I am Elizer and live in Nottingham. I am an assistant supervisor in a construction and started to work last week in Middlesbrough using my own car. My contract stated that my travel cost is paid from home to site. " The travel cost from home to site will be reinburse accordance with the rules set out in the Expense Claim Process as (company name) vary from time to time". For my working hours I have to work 40 hours a week from monday to friday. They will not measure my working time and maybe it will exceed an average of 48 hours a week. If there is a work during weekend I am not paid. I have an accomdation in Middlesbrough ( provided by the company) and a car allowance of 300 pounds per month with is taxable. My main concern is they will pay my travel cost every 3 weeks only which is 24p/mile. Suppose to be they will pay my travel cost everytime I go back home or every week? I think my company is try to cost cut my travel expenses which is not good. They told me also if there is a company car in my accomdation (which 4 of us are staying) I have to leave my own car and hitch to the company car. Can you please help me how can I defend my rights with comes to this situation. Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.can you tell me is your travel cost paid in with you salary each month and do you have to fill in a travel expense form detailing you car travel and are you salaried to a 40 hour week please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also next week they will send me for a training fro 2 days and they only pay my accomdation and travel espenses. For the meal, breafast provided by the hotel and lunch provided by the training center are covered but the dinner/sufferis my own cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my salary is in 40 hours a week. For this company I started to work last week. Yes, the travel cost paid in together with my salary and I have to fill in travel expense form online.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you