29905560

I am asking advice Please ? I owned company

I am asking for some advice Please ?
I owned company 2013 , Dissolved it 2014 ,
I employed 4 apprentices for 4 months , 1 of them cut his finger , at work . He has claimed for damages against the company .
Am I liable still or , as company is Dissolved were do I stand .
I would appreciate some advice ,
***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has he actually made a court claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no ,
just being looking through some old company records , His claim is for accident on 26 june 2013 , I finshed him June 7th
So he was not working for me at the time of accident ??
Paul
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If this was a limited company, then the company itself will be responsible for this and you would bear no personal liability. That is unless it was your personal negligence which caused the injury, in which case a claim could be made personally against you.
In any event, they have mentioned a date when he was not employed by you, and if that is indeed the correct date, there would be no liability on you or the company’s part. Also a cur finger will not really attract any major damages so I don’t see this proceeding much further if you are refusing to accept liability. If it was a major injury claim then the lawyers may try and pursue this via any possible means to try and get compensation but in tis case I don’t see it being worth their time to take it too far.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you