29905560

I have community service tommorow but work have told me i need

I have community service tommorow but work have told me i need to work due to being off sick during the week, what do i do
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
over a year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nly 2 i think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they dont know about the community payback, but i can get proof from them saying about the work i need to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for £11 service this is poor
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay, I experienced some connection issues earlier. As far as your employment is concerned when it comes to a clash with community service, there is no automatic right to get time off, such as if you were doing jury service. Therefore you would have to negotiate this time off with the employer. It could be that you take it off as holiday, or they give it to you as unpaid leave. You could risk and take it off as sick leave but obviously that would not be a genuine reason for sick leave so you will be committing a dishonest act and could be disciplined. Similarly, if you take the time off without the employer’s consent it could lead to disciplinary action as it would be unauthorised absence from work so you will have to try and negotiate with them to be allowed to take that time off.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.