29905560

The company I work changed a policy concerning pets

Customer Question

The company I work for has changed a policy concerning pets at work. 9 years ago the I asked my then line manager if it was ok to bring a dog to work, the answer was yes, I then purchased a dog and have been bringing her to work ever since. They now say the policy change means I can longer do this, I contacted our HR department and they have said there is nothing I can do about it as its not contractual and just a policy change. I am saying it was a verbal contract with my then line manager and as it has gone on for 9 years it is customer practise, where do I stand /
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.can you tell me was this change of policy discussed with employees or how did you find out about this change and when was this made please.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you tell me was this change of policy discussed with employees or how did you find out about this change and when was this made please.