29905560

I was given a choice to either resign from my job or get the

Customer Question

i was given a choice to either resign from my job or get the sack i had no real choice about the decision i was employed as a lorry driver. a couple of months ago i said to the transport planner that i was not to happy about the new contract we had been doing as it seemed to be long hours and low pay,as we are paid by the job and not by hours. then last week i rang up the office and complained about the job i was doing that day as i was a long time getting loaded and being messed about on site and said it really wasn't worth what i was being paid and then said well it will soon be the new year. then about an hour later i had one of the directors on the phone reading me the riot act and told me i had until the end of the day to make up my mind if i was leaving or staying then a bit later i had one of the owners of the company telling me i was going that day i either resigned or i was sacked so decided to resign.i was asked to write out a resignation letter which i did (i thought afterwards i shouldn't have done one ) but i did say in the letter i had no choice but to resign.
i was wondering if i had a case for unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long did you work there for?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long did you work there for?