taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Job Role proposal

Job Role proposal
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor who specialises in Employment Law and I am happy to help you today, please can you explain your situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennyi would like to propose a job role to my company. We currently dont have a HR manager and i would like to become one. We have recently found a HR system which we are introducing to the business and I did the initial research, found the system and was present for only the beginning of the project as I went on Maternity leave. HR duties are divided 3 people, the office manager, finance manager and our legal counsel. Th benefits will be to be the HR person of contact and free up duties from the finance manager who is very busy as they want to bring payroll in house.I have been in the company 6 years and i know the business and the people. Of course I understand that I dont have the experice but i believe that i can learn if I was sent to traninng. I believe to be the person for the job
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, what would you like to know about this? Is it whether you are able to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never done a proposal. I dont know how to start.. so yes i would like help in getting a proposal done..
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
ok do you get on well with your employers and what is your current role? How many employees are there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I get on well with everyone. I am curently an operations assistant within the IT and Im in charge of different small projects. We are currently 120 employees
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Have you got any HR experience or qualifications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont. I just know the new HR system very well. I have been involved with recrutiment. I think i can learn very quickly.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I do think that to have the role of HR Manager it would be important to at least have some understanding of HR and have a qualification of some sort under your belt. I am not sure that without a qualification or any experience your employer would engage you as a HR Manager but there is no harm in asking the question. In terms of your proposal, of itself it seems reasonable. A staff of 120 would lend itself to needing someone to deal with all aspects of employing to allow the managers to manage and other staff to do there jobs. It may also reduce expenditure on legal professionals etc. I think before approaching them you should research the courses and costs of courses so that you have all of the relevant information. If the course could be done on an evening and you are prepared to commit then this would show you are serious in the mind of your employer. If your employer already wants to bring payroll in house then this will assist you. You should be prepared to be realistic in your salary expectations as well if you are learning on the job then your salary will likely reflect this fact. I would suggest you ask to book a meeting with your manager to tell them what you are thinking in the first instance and put together a written proposal for them to consider at your leisure. You need also to think of what you will do if they say no or if they say it's a good idea but opt to recruit a person with experience (which is of course a possibilty). Is there anything further you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for all the above. I need help to get the proposal started. I have never done one and I would like help in getting in started,
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
What specific help would you like with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the actual proposal. what should i write first? Maybe some sort of template?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
The proposal should be broken down into the following: Why does 'the business' need this role?e.g. growing business, free up staff for proper jobs other reasons Cost Benefit Analysisprovide detail of how this can save the business money in the long run. Show support for thise.g (from what you have said) of employees who want to bring payroll in house (perhaps speak to them about this role and get further support). Write the job description - show that they do not have to do it. Sell yourself - demonstrate why you are the correct person for the job.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else you would like to know?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello please do let me know if you have any further questions. If not I would be grateful if you would now rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for my work on your question. Thank you and all the best with this. I really do hope it works out for you as on the face of it it sounds like a great proposal for your employer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay. thanks for your help.