Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

There I been caught drink driving with is my situation at

Hi there I been caught drink driving with is my situation at work as I'm a company driver
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I ad an accident but in my own time will it affect my work
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Drink drive carries an automatic ban minimum of 12 months. So, if you are found guilty, you are likely to lose your job if it involves driving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke today with my boss and he offers me a different role but will I lose my rights
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you'll have to be a little clearer - which rights are you talking about? How long have you been employed there? Will your pay and hours remain the same? Do you want to talk on the telephone as it may be quicker and easier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean ,can my company change the terms of pay and hours
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
The company cannot change the pay and hours without your agreement. Such a change is a change in your contracts so they can only do so with your agreement and after discussion. If they are moving you to do a different job and you agree, there may be a change in pay which you will have to decide whether to accept. If it's a different type of job your pay may increase or decrease.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.