29905560

I am about to submit appeal to EAT i know i will have to pay

i am about to submit appeal to EAT i know i will have to pay lodgement fee but as i am on holiday next week am anxious that i won't be back in time to pay fee. How long doesit usually take them to get back with where and when to pay fee
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a specific deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my appeal must be submitted before 10/01, i will be submitting it wednesday 06/01.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The appeal is actually lodged when the EAT receives your Notice of Appeal. Once they have that they will send you details of how to pay. Your appeal will already have been submitted by the deadline and the submission date is not when payment is received - it is when the notice of appeal is submitted. So as long as this notice is submitted before the deadline, you will not have to worry with missing it just because you have not paid a fee yet - that is dealt with afterwards. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what im worried about it as im away next week if they send me a notice to pay i wont be here how long do they normally give to pay?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It varies so it is rather difficult to tell you what that deadline would be. However, even if you miss it and the appeal is struck out, you can reinstate it by paying the fee and making an application to have it reinstated. I see no reason why the EAT would not allow a reinstatement if you were simply unavailable due to holiday at the time the payment became due
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you