taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have scored badly in a performance review a year ago. My

I have scored badly in a performance review a year ago. My boss has constantly been negative since. I have driven good business and client satisfaction is high. My manager today told me I was not suited to my role, I have been in my current role for 3 years and the company for 9. I am being managed out of the business and I do not know how to respond. Nothing is in writing and there is no concrete feedback or action plan for me. what should i do.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you been subject to disciplinary or capability proceedings as a result of this? Have you complained about this at all to your boss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello i haven't had proceedings no. in my regular 1:1 I have said she is being unfair. She responded with I am not suitable for the role. I do not know how to respond as I have been there 9 years and I am good at my job.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Is there a HR department where you work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes there is. I spoke to the person in HR about 9 months ago to say that I was so surprised by the bad score as I had been told I was on promotion track. HR have changed and the person is not knowledgeable of the history. How far can I push back on this behviour?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
If there is an ongoing problem then there will not be a time limit. The legal position is that an employer cannot take action against you on the grounds of performance or capability without setting out the reasons they consider you are not meeting the requirements of the role and without setting realistic and achievable targets. You should also be offered training. It sounds as though you manager has not dealt with this properly. The best course of action is to therefore raise a grievance about this to say that you consider it is a breach of trust and confidence that you are being told you are not suitable for your role without being given clear indications of where you are failing and what you need to do to improve. The employer cannot take action against you for raising the grievance and this also should shed some light on what the situation is with regards ***** ***** you are in fact meeting the role requirements. Is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. the grievance should be done via HR department or my manager?
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
You should follow your own companies grievance procedure, normally HR will be involved but it depends on the procedure at your work. If you do not know then you need to ask for a copy of the procedure. If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know as I can see you have not yet rated my answer. I would be extremely grateful if you would do so before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid for answering your question. Many thanks and all the best.
taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters