29905560

I am a self employed contractor working under an agreement

Customer Question

I am a self employed contractor working under an agreement for services for an sme organisation. Within the agreement is a termination clause whereby they have to give me 60 days notice to terminate which they have done. I have confirmed that i will remain available to them throughout the notice period however they are requesting that i only charge them for work that i have remaining in my pipeline of activities - they have stopped me doing any further new work and have asked me not to attend any internal meetings - the pipeline work will take about 5 days. I am insisting that they pay me for the whole of the notice period - what is my position ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there?