29905560

Who has the right to change my conditions of contract? Must

Customer Question

Who has the right to change my conditions of contract?
Must any changes be in writing through the personnel Dept?
Geoff
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It is not a legal requirement for changes to come through the personnel department. For example, a manager can change contracts of employment if they have been given the authority to do so by the employer. So it actually depends on who the employer has given authority to make such changes. It could be personnel department, it could be the manager, it could even be a supervisor if the employer is happy for them to do so. As such you need to check with the employer to see who has the authority to do this. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ben
You answered my question
Geoff
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best