29905560

I have been suspended from work on 2 weeks full pay whilst an investigation was been carri

I have been suspended from work on 2 weeks full pay whilst an investigation was been carried out. I found this very stressfull and got signed off by my GP on work-related stress leave and I am now being contacted by email by my manager attaching the results of the investigation the disciplinary policy and is asking me if I wish to have the disciplinary hearing before or after my sick note expires. I am so distrssed as I have no understding of things like this never had this situaation before inmy working life my manager was aware the behaviour affecting at work is partly due to issues with family and partly due to immensely high pressure at work which has ben taxing for all my colelagues and I seriously feel I do not wish to return to that work place ever despite my 10 years of proven service and loyalty.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should my manager contact me at this stressful time? what are my legal obligations regarding the disciplinary hearing?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing wrong with the manager contacting you just to advise you of what has happened so far and making arrangements for the disciplinary. It would be an issue if they were constantly in touch for various reasons but a one off communication, or even a couple of attempts to contact you in relation to this would not really be an issue. In terms of the disciplinary, if you are signed off work for the time being then you do not have to attend and can ask the employer to postpone it until a date when you are actually fit to attend. So that would answer your employer’s question really and you could just tell me that you will not be in a position to attend the disciplinary until you have been certified fit to return to work. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you