taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Nephew being bullied at work boss owns flat hes living in

Nephew being bullied at work boss owns flat hes living in too been there 16 years has autism hes had to leave because of bullying how can he go for constructive dismissal he has to go on benefits for 1 st time also he has colitus which has been inflamed by work stress
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and I am happy to help you today. When did he leave his job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
handed in notice last week hes been off sick a month the boss threatened him to knock his door down and take his goodshe owed him money for council tax we changed the locks now hes harrassing him for rent hes just claiming housing benefit but will take a couple if weeks
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Gosh what a terrible boss. Was he being bullied because he is autistic. Did he raise a grievance before he left?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he tried to take him back to the flat so Gareth ran out the back when the boss followed him he went onto a liverail at the station to hide from him I had to call British transport police to turn rails off!
The police then took him home
Hes 38 but more like a 12 year old
when he needs to go to the loo bcos of his condition the boss has tried to stop hom when hes in there another member of staff throws toilet rolls on his head its part of his condition he has to go to the loo frequently
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Has this always been the case? Does the boss treat other staff the same way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he got behind with his council tax he wasnt paying enough so when the mistake was found the boss lent him the money Gareth was waiting for a ppi payment but instead of paying the debt he bought model cars! but thats his mentality! His boss is threatening him to get him out of the flat even though until now hes always paid rent on time!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some of them have left bcos of the way they treated Gareth
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok there are 2 different issues here. The first is the employment and the second is the property law issue. If he has been bullied and had to leave his job as a result then he can claim constructive dismissal and also potentially disability discrimination if you can show that the treatment is connected with his autism. He needs to contact ACAS to commence early claim conciliation. You will find details of how to do that at www.acas.org.uk. If this does not resolve the matter then he can lodge a claim in the employment tribunal using the form he will find at www.employmenttribunals.gov.ukIs there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he get him out of his flat? he cant pay the rent until he get housing benefit
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
How is he renting the flat, is it as a normal tenant under an assured shorthold tenancy or is he renting in connection with the employment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not connected to his employment hes has a 2 year tennancy up next year
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Well if it's an assured shorthold tenancy he would have to take proper steps to give notice of eviction, notice is 2 months, he can't physically evict your nephew wihtout a court order. There is a great page on this on the shelter website. http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction/eviction_of_private_tenants/eviction_with_a_section_21_noticeYou may be able to speak to them for specific advice for free as well. I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time on your question. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions.