michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
12609314

I would like to join the cycle to work scheme , and my employer

i would like to join the cycle to work scheme , and my employer says no , what can i do????
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.
Has the employer given a reason why not?Are there conditions/terms of the scheme that do not apply to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no excemption i am aware of., ten years service basic tax payer in full time employment, the employer does not like the ownership of the bike in the scheme plus the transfer at the end
The issue is whether the scheme can be said to be a policy of your employer , in which case, it would not be a contractual entitlement or whether it could be said to be a contractual entitlement. That would depend on how long it has been running and how many employees have taken advantage of it.Since this argument can be complex, a more simple one ( and hence a better one to run) is that it is not fair to exclude you from the scheme on an arbitrary basis and threaten to make a formal complain on the basis you are being discriminated against by being refused entry to the scheme.I hope this helps. If there are any further points please respond and I will be happy to reply.Best wishesMichael