29905560

My employers have sent out a form to selected staff seeking

hi my employers have sent out a form to selected staff seeking to do adverse financial checks and basic criminal record check, this does not sit right with me. do i have to sign,
this document. I think they are using it to get rid of me.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think they shouldn't do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo,
no particular reason, but this is my private business, and i feel pressured into signing this form, can they dismiss me if i do not sign?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can you answer me?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
How long have you been working there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months service
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. Are you concerned there are adverse entries on these checks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 2 entries i no nothing about, i have entered a notice of dispute on two of the entries, i have no ccj s nor am i bankrupt,
i work in the car industry which is FCA regulated, please help me
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The main issue here is that if you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.).
So if you refuse to sign these forms then they could use that to dismiss you and you would not be able to challenge it because you do not have 2 years’ service and there is no discriminatory reason behind their decision.
Therefore, it would be in your best interest to agree to these checks just to avoid giving them a reason to dismiss you for refusing to agree to this, which they could do very easily and legally in the circumstances.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'