29905560

Ben

Customer Question

Hi Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, how can I help please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ben,
Not sure if you remember answering aprevious question about a supplier who had been overcharging us to the tune of around £18k and who seemed to be relying on a 7 days clause for querying invoices as a get out? Well we are currently taking our claim through the county court. Both parties agreed a stay in order to try and resolve the claim but the deadline for that has passed a few days ago and nothing was resolved so we are awaiting to hear from the court the next stage. In the meantime we have uncovered another set of charges to the tune of over £4000 for which we have even better supporting documentation/evidence that proves that we have been overbilled. the quesiotn is, what do we do now. Do we issue a new separate claim for this amount? Do we somehow, modify the current claim? or what do we do?
You can ask for the court’s permission to amend your original statement of case. An application is made to a District Judge using Form N244: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdf You will have to a pay a fee for the application although I suggest you contact the court to see exactly how much they say it would cost. If the court agrees to your application then you would be allowed to submit a new statement of case which includes the new information, such as the increased claim amount. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.