29905560

I am currently signed off work on sick leave due to a

Customer Question

I am currently signed off work on sick leave due to a back problem and my employer has asked if I could work from home on my laptop, am I within my rights to refuse based on being unfit for work or should I oblige ?
Kind Regards
Kevin
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Is it something you could do?
Does your back problem prevent you working from home?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
If you are signed off sick then you are unfit to work, be it in the office or in the workplace. To avoid you being on sick leave and perhaps get reduced pay or use up sick days, the employer could offer you the opportunity to work from home. However, you do not have to agree to this and can remain on sick leave. After all, whether you are at home or in the office, you would still have back pain and even though it may be that bit more comfortable at home, you may just need time to recuperate without actually being involved in work. So you are entirely within your rights to refuse the employer’s request but if you wanted to you could work from home if that suits you. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you