taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have been interviewed by my employer who states alleged allegations

I have been interviewed by my employer who states alleged allegations of bullying have been made against me. No evidence was found as the accuser admitted she lied and was advised to do it by a senior person. This senior person has approached someone esle to do the same thing but I have only hear say but my employer must act on this how can I get this to stop.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am an employment lawyer and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for your employer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Is it definitely over 2 years? How do you know that the employer has approached someone else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work for a youth orginisation and I am part of the permenant staff it is a voulinteer who rallies around less robust voulinteers and encoureges them to write to my employer if they dont get their way, my employer always take the voulinteers side an I have been fighting to survive for the past 16 months a s the person who is orginising this has a hold on other to do her bidding bt they are unwilling to support this as it may have an impact on their voulitary prospects, this person has been in the orginisation for around 8 years.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you raised a complaint with your employer about this? Do they propose any disciplinary action against you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have raised this with my employer and i was asked to drop it last year which I foolishly did and now I am aware that htere is another complain waiting for me from some one who resigned as a voulinteer and stated that part of this was he was not allowed to do an event with kid which Iit was unsafe, the voulinteer has left but since then the senior voulinteer has contacted them and told them to subbmit a letter blaming me for there decision two months after the alleged event. I still cannot prove this as I was informed by a reliable person who does not want to be named but wanted to let me know that this is sitting with my employed, my employer has not approached me yet but I am aare this will be coming soon
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Ok well the best thing you can do if you are worried about this and have reason to suspect you are being treated badly by this other person is to raise a formal grievance. Your employer cannot take action against you for doing this and have a duty to protect your health and safety and of trust and confidence to ensure you are not treated badly by the volunteers in the workplace. At the moment it is impossible to say if there will be a complaint against you or if this might lead to disciplinary action, in order for them to take disciplinary action you need to have committed an act of misconduct so they would need more evidence than the fact that someone has simply complained about you. Is there anything further you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** does esculate I will need to ask some more question next week.
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's no problem at all, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site today as I am not otherwise paid for answering your questions. I will be happy to answer your follow on questions next week if you need to ask them. Good luck with it!