29905560

My contract of employment says I have to cover staff holidays,

Customer Question

My contract of employment says I have to cover staff holidays, I was working 4 days and now 2 days per week, I do not want to work 5 1/2 weeks, The person employed to cover the 2 days I gave up has personal commitments and employed on the understanding that she doesn't have to cover many days. I have been employed for 19 years and 64 years old. My other colleague who has been employed 6 years has children and likes to have time off in the summer. I have put it in writing to my employer that I will do my fair share and her reply was its in my contract. I wanted to cut my hours from 4 days to 3 and was initially told 4 days or leave - I now work 2 but will look for other another 1 day elsewhere. Therefore would not be able to cover holidays for that day. How do I stand legally
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. have you challenged the employer over this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes several time and put it in writing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you replying now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no don't want to call you, please reply in writing
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
So how often are you actually being asked to cover staff holidays? Please note I am due in a meeting shortly so may not be able to reply immediately but will do so today and you will get an email when I have posted my response, thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, not sure if you saw my follow up query above - how often are you actually being asked to cover staff holidays?