29905560

I have just been sacked by one of my bosses of a hairdressing

Customer Question

Hi I have just been sacked by one of my bosses of a hairdressing company. I was wondering if I could take legal action.... How do I do this. And I want to make sure I'm right before taking the action.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 10 months ago.
How long had you worked there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A year and a bit
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I started 20th January 2015
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I will try and help with your query. Can you please let me know why you were sacked and also were you paid your contractual notice period?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was sacked purely because of hatred from my boss (I have two) and the other boss wanted me. I got under paid because my sick note wasn't good enough and my boss Riccardo (one that hates me) has bullied me and two other staff members who left
If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). If the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions then you would not be able to challenge it and your only protection would be if you were not paid your contractual notice period, because unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, you would be entitled to receive your contractual notice period. If you did not have a written contract in place you would be entitled to the minimum statutory notice period of 1 week. Your employer would either have to allow you to work that notice period and pay you as normal, or they will have to pay you in lieu of notice. If you were not paid your notice period when you were due one, that would amount to wrongful dismissal (which is different to unfair dismissal) and you could make a claim in an employment tribunal to recover the pay for the notice period that you should have been given. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the exact steps you need to follow to pursue your notice period if you are due one, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.