29905560

Is any legal reason pay the work done by my company

Customer Question

Hi,is any legal reason for not pay the work done by my company to another company?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 months ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are a tiling company and we work for another tiling company.We send 4 invoices and we not receive any payment.The company tell we not do a good job and need to be rectified so no money for us
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as she is experiencing connection issues this evening. If the other party does not believe that you have provided them with the service they paid for then they can try and withhold payment. That does not mean that you have not performed as promised or as expected but that is their opinion. You do have the right to challenge this though and if they are not paying you and you believe you have done the work as required, you can take steps to try and recover what you are due, or at least a proportion of that. This can be taken further by making a claim in the small claims court and it will decide who is right and who is wrong and if they believe you are correct they can order the other party to pay you. So this is the official way to pursue them if they are refusing to pay you now. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the exact steps you need to follow to take this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi,the answer must be simple,Yes,is legal reasons for not pay,or Not,is not any legal reasons for stop payments.I still not receive this answer for go ahead with details.
It is not a case of giving you a yes or no answer – the law does not work like that. It could be a yes in some circumstances and a no in others. Yes, they can withhold the money if they believe you have not provided the work which was agreed or to an acceptable standard. No, they cannot withhold it if there is no reason to do so. Therefore, even if you believe that you have done everything as you should have, that does not mean that they agree and they can withhold the money until this is resolved. So that is why there is no direct yes/no answer and it would depend on the circumstances.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The law is pretty clearly,I spend all night to find it my self.The Company can suspend the payment ONLY if send a LESS PAY NOTICE.I pay 26 £ and I receive just more questions,not answers.Thank you,I am not satisfied.
Are you working under JCT contract?