29905560

Insert name][Insert address][Insert date]Re:

[Insert name][Insert address][Insert date]Re: Contract VariationDear [insert name],As you are aware from our discussion on [insert date], the organisation intends to make a change to your terms and conditions of employment. In particular, the organisation intends to change [insert details of the particular terms and conditions that may be changed].The reasons for this are [insert reasons].The organisation has the right to make this change in accordance with your contract of employment. I refer to the clause in your contract of employment which states the following:‘VARYING THE MAIN TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions of employment and / or policies from time to time. You will be notified of minor changes of detail by way of a general notice to all staff effected by the change, and any such change will take place from the date of said notice. You will be given not less than 1 month’s written notice of any significant change which may be given by way of an individual notice or a general notice to all staff. Such changes will be deemed accepted unless you notify us of any objection in writing before the expiry of the notice period.’I therefore confirm that this change will come into effect on [insert date].Should you have any further questions or require any further information in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.Please sign and return one copy of this letter to notify us that you accept this change to terms and conditions of employment.Employee Name:
Employee Signature:Yours sincerely,Vicki Winner
HR ManagerHi Ben,Above is related to my previous question re the Emergency phone Monday to Sunday and having all staff on call on a rota sytem.Can I send the attatched letter? We only have two staff with over 2 years service. Those staff who refuse who have less than 2 years service, my plan was to dismiss and re engage on new terms. If the two satff with over 2 years service refuse we were just going to leave them out of the system.Does this make sense? is there a risk hereThansk as always
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how long have each of these employees worked there for? (the ones with more than 2 years' service)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one 4 years one 7 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The letter is fine, before sending it I suggest you discuss the proposed changes with them and ask them to consent as that will save you having to force the changes through. If they do not, then you can try doing it via the letter and give them notice to terminate their current contract, so the one with 4 years service will be entitled to a month’s notice, the other one it will be 7 weeks. In the end if they kick up a big fuss over it you can consider whether you wish to leave them out of these new arrangements. Hope this clarifies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great thanks hopefully they will all sign and there will be no issue.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hope so too! If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'