29905560

Ben,Do we have to offer the right to appeal for

Hi Ben,Do we have to offer the right to appeal for dismissal during Probation period?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how long is the probationary period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 months
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No you do not have to offer the right to appeal against a dismissal in that period. Failure to allow an employee to appeal will only be against the ACAS Code of Conduct but an employee cannot challenge that until they have at least 2 years' service so if this is within the first 6 months of employment it is not an issue. Just make sure that those with more than 2 years' service have such a right. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you