I was on maternity leave from March 2014 and returned to work on April 2014. Just a quick chronology for you:
- Jan 2015 - my boss invited me for an informal chat to ask what my plans were and in summary, that if I wasn't coming back then they would offer my job to someone who was leaving the company. Even though I was under no obligation, I did confirm was coming back but didn't feel good about this meeting.
- Apr 2015 - returned to work and don't get majority of my accounts back with no real explanation
- Aug 2015 - new national structure in place and my boss suggested I applied for a role which would be a clear demotion
. (I am an account director in global key accounts and this was a national sales manager role). I said I wouldn't but then applied for a Director of Sales role but was not put forward as I didn't have people management skills.
- July 2015 - had appraisal and mentioned that I was feeling insecure and not relevant, etc. Only good feedback received
- Jan 2016 - new global structure created but I am not on it. New report line - manager never even called me, I don't fit in anywhere. My skills should grant me a spot in the global team, specially when there are two people on mat leave.
- I have been with the company for 11 years.
- The culture has changed and now they do get rid of people this way.