29905560

Just after a quick answer im confused about bonuses and the

Just after a quick answer im confused about bonuses and the NMW. I get paid £390 a week as a basic pay but also get £100 in bonuses every week also. Taking my total up to £490 a week before tax. I work 60 hours a week am i getting paid above the NMW. For the hours i do as i thought bonuses wernt calculated as they are not garanteed every month.
I'm not sure what your question is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All i really want to know is with the information i have provided basic pay bonuse and hours worked. Am i getting paid above the national min wage.
ok not quite my area so I will opt out, someone will pick it up very shortly
Hello, I will help with this as an employment lawyer. When calculating whether a worker has received the NMW one has to look at their average hourly rate. This is calculated on the basis of:· The total remuneration earned over the relevant pay reference period;· Divided by the total number of hours worked over the pay reference period. The following elements of pay count towards the NMW:· Basic salary.· Bonus, commission and other incentive payments based on performance (but not any premium paid for overtime or shift work)· Piecework payments.· Accommodation allowance You are including the basic salary and your bonus in the calculations and together they take you above the NMW (you get £8.17 an hour) so the employer is acting legally in the circumstances as far as paying you above the NW is concerned. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for ur help Ben i will do.
Many thanks, ***** ***** best