29905560

Can we approach Candidates on Facebook to ask if they are

Can we approach Candidates on Facebook to ask if they are interested in working for us?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there any reason you are concerned about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just wondered if it was allowed to approach people online re job vacancies, im guessing its ok but just want to check as i dont know
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is nothing wrong with that. You are contacting them using a public site, where the information they have displayed is public. If they did not want anyone to contact them then they do have the option of changing their settings to prevent that. However, if they allow contact from strangers then there is nothing they can do if you do approach them. I would only say that if you approach them and they state they are not interested and ask you not to contact them again but you do so, that it could amount to harassment eventually. If it is just a one off or a few times when you have not been told not to approach them, then it is perfectly legal. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you