taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My working hours were reduced in January from 4 days to

HI, my working hours were reduced in January from 4 days to 2 days after 4 full years working and my job has now been made redundant. Does the redundancy payment get calulated on this years 2 days or last years 4 days
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Why and how were the hours reduced in January?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the end of last year ,myself and another colleague were working in the same department and not very busy. They asked me if I would like to work less hours and I agreed to 2 days with the option to do more when required. In the new year my colleague was given another role so I became much busier so 2 days has become a stretch but they did not want me to work more than 2
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
but was it ever a permanent change to part time hours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a letter confirming new weekly working hours to 15 hours from jan 1st
Expert:  taratill replied 1 year ago.
If you agreed to a permanent change in your contract to part time hours then your statutory redundancy pay will be based on the reduced hour not the full hours you worked prior to the change. If you did not agree or it was a temporary change the position would be different. If there is anything further you would like to know please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.