29905560

I believe I might get made redundant sometime this year. My

Customer Question

I believe I might get made redundant sometime this year. My contract says for my notice period -
12.1 one calendar month's notice until you have been continuously employed for 4 complete years; and
12.2 one additional week's notice for each completed year of continuous employment thereafter to a maximum of 12 weeks notice.
I have now done 4.5 years so does this mean that I only get 1 month's notice or does it mean 8 weeks notice period pay?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello your notice period here would be one calendar month. Had you done 5 years service then it would have been a calendar month plus a week, for 6 years - a calendar month plus 2 weeks and so on. In your case however it is just a month. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.