29905560

I have bought a business a year ago. I have 3

Dear Sir,
I have bought a business a year ago. I have 3 employees from the original staff. They work for the company over 5 years. I have 2 new members, they are with the company for 8 and 4 month.
We faced financial difficulties and I have to cut back.
I offered that they can choose I reduce their hours, I reduce the numbers or if someone wants to leave we can discuss.
They decided to reduce the hours. Do I need new contract with the new hours for them?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Has this come to a head recently for any reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the financial difficulties?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello i will try and help as my colleague had to go offline. Have all staff agreed to the changes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we had a meeting yesterday together and then I made personal Q&A sessions with everyone and they agreed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Are the changes permanent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, hopefully within a few month we can improve our sales and the hours will go back to the original.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to issue brand new contracts, you can just add an addendum (basically a contract variation to a spexific part of it). So it could be just a page which says that this is is an addendum to the contract dated X (whatever date contract dated) and that both you and the employee agree that the contractual hours will change to reflect the new arrangement, stating what thanis. Best not to put a specific date when it will change back but just state these changes will be under continuous review. Then date and sign it by both and attach to their contracts. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome