29905560

My daughter has at last been given a permanent employment contract

Customer Question

My daughter has at last been given a permanent employment contract of 25 hours per week after more than four years as a casual with the same company.
Is it legal for her employer to move hours between the four weeks of each month so that she is paid only for 100 hours per month and extra hours over and above the 100 instead of respecting 25 hours each week and any extra hours that apply each week.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain in some more detail what you mean by your question as I am not entirely clear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes my daughter has 'thin' weeks ie working less than 25 hours - she has got the impression from a senior colleague that hours will be purloined from busy weeks to make up a thin week and therefore 25hours per week is calculated as 100hours per month. I hope this is clearer.Marion
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a copy of the contract I could take a look at please?