29905560

16100124-433. The company I work just introduced a

16100124-433.
The company I work for has just introduced a new sickness policy which we all had to sign. the new ruling is if we have 1 day sick leave we will not be paid for 3 days, even if we have a sick note is this legal.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you mean you will not be paid for 3 sick days?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is the new policy.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
It is legal. Statutory sick pay (SSP), your entitlement to sick pay by law, only kicks in if you have been off sick for 4 or more days. The first 3 days you are not eligible for SSP. Your employer could decide to pay you for these days but that is down to them, it is left at their discretion – if they do not want to they do not have to. They must obey the rules n paying SSP but these only apply after 4 or more days of sickness so if they really wanted to they could pay nothing for the first 3 days then just pay you SSP for the 4th day of sickness onwards. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you