29905560

I was employed by company a whereby the starting salary was

Customer Question

I was employed by company a whereby the starting salary was £20,000 plus 15% profit sharing scheme. Company a paid me £17500 for the first 12 months and then raised the salary to 20k and failed to pay the 15% profit share. I am looking at making a claim for £17500 for breach of contract and I am assuming I cannot make such a large claim through small claims court. Which court should I submit the breach to and do I have to go through a solicitor ? can I represent myself?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello when was the money due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was made redundant in feb 2016. I commenced employment in October 2014 and they should have paid £20k as salary plus profit share per quarter. But they never did and kept leading me on like a honey trap.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How did you arrive at the figure of £17,500?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've calculated my share of profit share and shortfall in salary payment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to figure out how tomske the claim for breach of contract and compensation.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The small claims court, which is still the county court, is the venue for claims under £10k. Anything above that will still go in the county court but a different venue, like the fast track or multi track. You still start the claim in the same way as in the small claims court but it is allocated to the relevant track by the court and proceeds from there. So you can make the claim online via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by filling out form N1 and posting it. You do not need a solicitor and can represent yourself if you want to. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ben, I will follow this up.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, all the best