29905560

Ive been working at my company since last July. I've got

hi
ive been working at my company since last July. I've got a cast on my arm so will be of sick for a few weeks, I work in care so I wont be able to work till I recover. would I be entitled to sick pay
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does your contract entitle you to any sick pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says you are entitled to ssp during authorised absence as a result of sickness only if you meet the criteria laid down in government ssp regulations. what does that mean
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
SSP is Statutory Sick Pay which is a minimum guaranteed payment for absences due to sickness. To be eligible for SSP you need to meet certain criteria, which is:· Be an employee· Been ill for at least 4 days in a row (so you do not get SSP for the first 3 days)· Earn at least £112 (before tax) per week· Tell the employer you are sick in accordance with their sickness reporting policy, or if no specific policy exists – within 7 days of you becoming ill If you meet the above criteria you will be eligible for SSP, which is paid at £88.45 for up to 28 weeks. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just one last thing, I ring the employer up and let them know of my situation and that I will be of for few weeks. do I ask them to give my sick pay or will I just get it automatically once I let them know am ill
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had to go into a meeting. It should be paid to you automatically instead of your normal pay on the usual payment date of you salary If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thank you for your help. Will rate you 5 starts.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** best