29905560

I have worked pharmaceutical company six years

Customer Question

I have worked for a pharmaceutical company for nearly six years and transferred branches last year. I have subsequently found out that a new staff member (2 weeks employ) is being paid more than me and complained to my manager. They threatened me with disciplinary procedures if I did not work Saturdays (although there is nothing specifically stated in my contract of employment that I have to work them, I have only done it over the last month or so to help at the branch). I have tried to work to rule, so can I be forced to work extra hours or indeed the Saturdays if I do not wish to (ie. if they do not raise my pay against a person with less experience and less time in the company than me)?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. So what is your complaint - that you are not getting paid the same or that you are forced to work Saturdays...or both?